mole Posted October 4, 2012 Posted October 4, 2012 Hi Currently we are facing several problems in our music dept. Setup - 12 standalone XP PC's with keyboards connected from k'board audio out into PC line\mic in and recording using Audacity. Each PC has a double headphone jack out so two students can listen. Problems - Almost every single lesson we have to go in and reconnect the audio cables from keyboards into PC, change back sound settings in XP to input=line in, change preferences in Audacity that have been changed etc... It doesn't take long to figure out the problems and sort them but when there's 7-8 not working it takes most of the lesson and the lessons wasted=unhappy music teacher. Do other people have similar problems and how do you overcome them? thanks
Davit2005 Posted October 4, 2012 Posted October 4, 2012 I'd personally give the teacher some printed out instructions for doing this. Depending on the end user abilities the students should be able to do these sorts of things themselves it sounds like basic stuff TBH. And if the students are pulling out cables when they shouldn't be, should be treated as a user issue not an IT issue. 1
mole Posted October 4, 2012 Author Posted October 4, 2012 Yes, I've done this - I'll try again, with pictures. 1
Davit2005 Posted October 4, 2012 Posted October 4, 2012 I have the same battles myself. I realise the teachers are needing to get on with the lessons so I try to make things as fool proof as feasibly as possible.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now