tuthmosis Posted June 15, 2007 Posted June 15, 2007 Greetings ! I am currently looking for real examples of Joomla websites for schools... (i.e. High Schools if possible) Thanks ! P.S. Maybe we could add a Website Screenshot Gallery kind of section to this EduGeek Website !
tuthmosis Posted June 15, 2007 Author Posted June 15, 2007 Just Joomla? Well !... You're right... good point. Let say, any modern website made with the CMS approach in mind. Thanks for waking me up ! :-)
webman Posted June 15, 2007 Posted June 15, 2007 It's a friday Aside from static sites, most people do seem to use Joomla (and a lof thanks goes to SYSMAN_MK for that) but some (like myself) use Website Baker and some use CMS Made Simple, and one or two even use Plone
kearton Posted June 15, 2007 Posted June 15, 2007 Since I inherited the Internet/Intranet here I'm been looking at Joomla, but haven't found the time to do anything... ...yet. However, with the recent addition of this advert to our vacancies section, maybe I won't have to worry about it at all soon??? Either way, I'd also like to see some examples...
_Bat_ Posted June 15, 2007 Posted June 15, 2007 These are my two primary school sites with Joomla... http://www.theovalprimary.co.uk http://www.ridpoolprimary.co.uk (still under construction)
Wizzer Posted June 18, 2007 Posted June 18, 2007 I use Typo3 mostly for CMS based web sites, although I've not been let loose on my current school site (something to do with the Governors wanting to use a professional company ignoring the fact that I was "a professional" (in that I made a living from it) for about 6 years.) The only one live atm is http://www.ans-ltd.co.uk/ Although I don't like what he has done with the menu. I didn't design it with all caps, and the horizontal lines were there to group sections of the menu, not to separate EVERY item.
artlader Posted June 23, 2007 Posted June 23, 2007 Well, I am building a Joomla site for our school here -- http://www.aiken.moodlerooms.com/joomla/ . It will be a Moodle/Joomla marriage. Should be ready by August 1, two weeks before school starts here. Regards, Art
gdunc Posted July 15, 2007 Posted July 15, 2007 Just posted my new Joomla site... didn't know about your version until today. Anyway... http://knightdalehs.wcpss.net Funny thing is that I picked up the same template you guys picked...
localzuk Posted July 16, 2007 Posted July 16, 2007 Since I inherited the Internet/Intranet Wow! Either you're now rich or you have a huge workload now! Anyway, http://www.mineheadmiddle.somerset.sch.uk is a joomla site. This was the end result of making a good design then giving it to our Bursar (who happens to be colour blind, so can only see vibrant colours) to comment on... So, it is not my design choice, by far. Oh, and yes - there is a distinct lack of photo's on there - but as we're not allowed to post any photo's of kids, it makes it a little bit difficult.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now