Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone had one of these fail?

I had a perfectly good disc but somewhere along the line it went walkies and I ordered a new one.

But it doesnt work - I cannot get a machine to boot from it. I have tried it in 4 machines now.

Civica told me to email them and they would sort it out but that was last week.

The problem???

I have two laptops for SMT that I HAVE to have finished by next Friday, and that means I have very little time to get it sorted.

And if I don't I am not sure what will happen!

 

Any advice???

Posted
We had something like this at school, it was something to do with the AHCI/IDE HDD setting in the BIOS. Switched it round at it worked OK. Not sure if that'll help...
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...