eddyc Posted June 11, 2012 Posted June 11, 2012 Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I've got a squid box inside school which redirects blocked sites to http://intranet/blocked.asp which is fine. On the page which is displayed, at the bottom I want to show the requested URL so if it is incorrectly banned, I can allow it. When I ask people what site is filtered they send me the link in the address bar to the intranet rahter than the correct site. At present I have <%strReferer = Request.ServerVariables ("HTTP_REFERER") response.write strReferer %> Which works fine if for example they google facebook and then click on a link however, if they go directly in the address bar to facebook then the URL is not written back out to the webpage. Does anyone know how I can do this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)
tom_newton Posted June 11, 2012 Posted June 11, 2012 Not with referrer. The browser simply isn't sending it. Have squid redirect to http://intranet/blocked.asp?orig=$blocked_site then take that parameter and use it in your asp.
eddyc Posted June 11, 2012 Author Posted June 11, 2012 Sorry I'm not very good with ASP and someone else wrote the orignal filter page for me. What code would I need to add onto the asp filter page please? Thanks, Ed
3s-gtech Posted June 11, 2012 Posted June 11, 2012 From reading the post, you shouldn't need to alter the ASP, just the Squid config line which sends them to the ASP page (just a blacklist entry? If so it'd be something like deny_info http://intranet/blocked.asp?orig=$blocked_site blacklist - where 'blacklist' is the name of the deny entry)
Geoff Posted June 11, 2012 Posted June 11, 2012 You can also just grep the squid log file for blocks surely? That way you don't have to ask anyone anything or alter any code/config?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now