Davit2005 Posted February 20, 2012 Posted February 20, 2012 Just need a way for a service to start itself 15 minutes after log on. If I right click the batch file and run as administrator it works. Windows 7 is a lot more strict when it comes to doing this. I have tried doing a Scheduled Task but this never works get an error in Task History with the code 2147943645 but I'm guessing this is a permissions issue. I have also through a policy given a local administrator account start service security rights and then in the task scheduler to use this local admin user. So close but yet so far away. I don't want to do anything to drastic that might open up a security can of worms :-( .
Michael Posted February 20, 2012 Posted February 20, 2012 Create a Scheduled Task using GPP (as you suggested) and specify the DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR account and password. 1
CommodoreS Posted February 20, 2012 Posted February 20, 2012 Runas Password might also be an option. 1
Davit2005 Posted February 20, 2012 Author Posted February 20, 2012 Create a Scheduled Task using GPP (as you suggested) and specify the DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR account and password. Thanks Micheal, will give this a try in the morning :-D
AngryTechnician Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 Create a Scheduled Task using GPP (as you suggested) and specify the DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR account and password. If you do this, make sure the policy object cannot be read by users, or it may create the potential for someone to discover your Administrator password as per this post: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/security/88997-exploiting-group-policy-preferences.html Recommend you create a separate Group Policy Object with the security filtering set to Domain Computers only (not Authenticated Users, which is the default).
Davit2005 Posted February 27, 2012 Author Posted February 27, 2012 Sorry for delay, I'm still having issues. Just to Highlight points Machines are all Windows 7, Domain has 2008 R2 Schema If I right click the batch file and run-as administrator it works no problem. I am distributing the Task via group policy I keep getting error 0x800704DD on last result of task The task is set to run as [Domain]\Administrator but it does not ask me for password when I configure in the GPO Any help :-?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now