Hightower Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 We need a new bulb for one of the stage spotlights. It looks similar to this: 3000W quartz spotlight bulb products, buy 3000W quartz spotlight bulb products from alibaba.com But the numbers on ours are: T/11 240V 1000W C9VR Can't find one anywhere - any ideas?
Hightower Posted December 8, 2011 Author Posted December 8, 2011 Well, I can find them by searching for T/11 bulb but apparently those prices are pretty expensive.
IrritableTech Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 Yep, it's a T11. They are expensive I'm afraid. Around the £10 mark I should expect. 1
TronXP Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 GE 88457 T11/T19 Lamp 240V 1000W GX9.5 Base | Stage Electrics Stage electrics down on the valley, hopefully they have in stock or you can take it down to them and they can sort you out.
Hightower Posted December 8, 2011 Author Posted December 8, 2011 GE 88457 T11/T19 Lamp 240V 1000W GX9.5 Base | Stage Electrics Stage electrics down on the valley, hopefully they have in stock or you can take it down to them and they can sort you out. Like I say, the music teacher feels these prices are expensive.
plexer Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 T11 (T19) Theatre Lamp 240V 1000W ONLY £10.01 IN STOCK (8 Dec 2011) - £8.34 ex vat seems ok Ben 1
Andrew_C Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 £10 is a bit steep, you might get them for £8.50 or so. But to be honest, is it worth messing about? That's what they cost. For a comparison you could try AC-ET, Mico, or Specialist Lamp Distributors. T11 can be swapped with T19 without a performance change.
Guest Guest Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 Like I say, the music teacher feels these prices are expensive. The other day I went into the Audi dealer. Spotted a car I liked, TTS quatro, but I thought the price was too expensive. After a word with the man I drove it away for £50. If she thinks its too expensive there a really simple solution, do without. BTW checked where we get them from and they are £16 so a tenner don't seem bad to me.
Hightower Posted December 8, 2011 Author Posted December 8, 2011 A tenner is about what he was expecting. It was the delivery costs that bump the price up he was against. Thanks @plexer - that's awesome. Sent him the link, can get on for just over a tenner delivered ex VAT, exactly what he was after. @j17sparky - where did I say a tenner is expensive? Somebody posted a link to a one for £15, plus £3 delivery, which is expensive. @plexer is the first to post a link to a sub £10 lamp with reasonable delivery costs.
bossman Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 @Hightower: Something like this: Cheap T11 BA9S LED White Light Bulb Lamp for sale Is this the right price? Do I get the gold star? Are we still friends? hehe! 1
Guest Guest Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 (edited) @j17sparky - where did I say a tenner is expensive? Somebody posted a link to a one for £15, plus £3 delivery, which is expensive. @plexer is the first to post a link to a sub £10 lamp with reasonable delivery costs. Opps my bad lol. Stupid thing is though the amount of time you have spent on here and going back and forth with the teacher has probably wasted £10+ of time... Edited December 8, 2011 by Guest
Andrew_C Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 Something like this: Cheap T11 BA9S LED White Light Bulb Lamp for sale No, nothing like that I'm afraid. We are looking for a 1000w theatrical lamp.
Oaktech Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 you're in winchester right... call stagecraft at porton and they'll be able to get you one in a few hours i expect. Lighting Hire, Sound Hire, Staging Hire and Audio Visual Hire - Stagecraft Technical Services or call cps in bournemouth 01202 572000 and tell them owen sent you!
bossman Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 @Hightower: @plexer: My bad misread the post but came close with this: TV,Film,Theatre & Disco Lamps - Items - Our Online Shop Bottom left, is this similar to what your requirements are @Andrew_C ?
Hightower Posted December 8, 2011 Author Posted December 8, 2011 @Hightower: Something like this: Cheap T11 BA9S LED White Light Bulb Lamp for sale Is this the right price? Do I get the gold star? Are we still friends? hehe! Nah, nothing like that. But we can still be friends - have a friendship star. Opps my bad lol. Stupid thing is though the amount of time you have spent on here and going back and forth with the teacher has probably wasted £10+ of time... Not really, the school pays my wage regularly rather than per hour, so it's in my interests to save the school money wherever possible. It might seem like a small amount but the music department has a very small budget so every little helps. Plus, it's probably only taken me about 2 minutes tops to write all posts in this thread, and I wish I was on £5 per minute you're in winchester right... Nope, think you getting your wires crossed with me and @Andrew_C 1
Andrew_C Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 Err... I don't have any requirements. The OP is Hightower. I know where to buy them from; see above for who I get to quote on box quantities.
plexer Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 @Hightower: @plexer: My bad misread the post but came close with this: TV,Film,Theatre & Disco Lamps - Items - Our Online Shop Bottom left, is this similar to what your requirements are @Andrew_C ? Thats good as the price in inc vat + delivery but Minimum order quantity 2 may be handy to have a spare just depends on how long they normall last for. Ben 1
Oaktech Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 Nope, think you getting your wires crossed with me and @Andrew_C you're right. I am. I'm an idiot. However... the advice still stands, but there will be postage! Not sure how much that will be to cloud 9!
Hightower Posted December 8, 2011 Author Posted December 8, 2011 @Bossman has provided a good link, but the music teacher hasn't got a requirement for two at the moment. I said to him to order a few spares but he said in his 7 years here this is the first time one has gone. Also, as there is an array of lights (not just one) it's not going to be the end of the world if a light is out for a performance. 1
john Posted December 8, 2011 Posted December 8, 2011 A bit late now but CPC is also a good source for theatre lamps, I get all mine from there, not that one as I don't use them but I have found them to be the cheapest place going for them and have used a range of places listed above so maybe worth a gander.
Hightower Posted December 9, 2011 Author Posted December 9, 2011 Ok, thought I'd post this here as it's similar subject - saves starting a new thread. The cable used is having problems - it consists of 4 cables, a couple work, a couple don't. The teacher has tried soldering the ends in an attempt to fix, which worked for a couple of years but I think the cable has now had a look. So, has anyone got one of the following cables lying around they no longer need, or can any one point me to a new one (at a decent price obviously). Sorry, I don't know the name of the cable, so I attach photos. This is the block on the wall the cables plug into to connect to the lights This is the end that connects to the light amp (yes, that's what I'm calling it - basically the device to control the lights....... oh, light controller might have been better). This is the end that connects to the wall. The two ends are very similar as in number of pins, but as you might be able to tell have different connectors. EDIT: Sorry for quality of images - took on phone in a rush
Oaktech Posted December 9, 2011 Posted December 9, 2011 (edited) i don't have any cables, but i can tell you that the pic in the middle are 8 pin dins, readilly available from CPC. the bottom picture shows a thing called a strand blecon connector... these were only made by strand in the late 80's and early 90's. strand expired in about 2006 and the connectors are made of solid unobtanium. You need to speak to someone like stage electrics to get your equipment changed to run din sockets, then you will be able to just buy din leads. Edited December 9, 2011 by Oaktech
Hightower Posted December 9, 2011 Author Posted December 9, 2011 I think after a search these are 8-pin analogue control cables (plug/plug) Now just need to find a good price for them.
Hightower Posted December 9, 2011 Author Posted December 9, 2011 If the cable he has is ok, should he be able to buy some of these (EIGHTPIN DIN PLUG | Audio Connectors | Cables & Connectors) and fit them to the cable himself? Is that a fairly straight forward job?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now