Dos_Box Posted October 10, 2011 Posted October 10, 2011 Well, it look slike they are going ahead with one: Steve Jobs: The Movie in the works ? The Register I note that they show the studio that made The Social network as the one who will shoot this, but I hope they do a better job (no pun intended) than that, which on reflection was not quite what I was expecting, however they do note The Pirates of Silicon Valley as the only other film to feature Steve Jobs (Note - If you have not seen POSV I highly suggest you try and locate a copy. netier Steve Jobs or Bill Gates comes out of it in a good light, but given the cut throat nature of the business it's hardly surprising). It would be nice to see a 'warts-and-all' film, and, given the life he's led and the things he's achieved the truth will be far better than any scriptwriters imagination, and hopefully it will make geek culture a bit more open to the movie business. I'd love to see a movie about ID Software
GrumbleDook Posted October 10, 2011 Posted October 10, 2011 I would also recommend Triumph Of The Nerds too (for those who don't want to read Accidental Empires).
SYNACK Posted October 10, 2011 Posted October 10, 2011 I'd love to think that this would be a true representation accuratly depicting his contributions but I fear it will just be another puff piece with content on a par with the later I'm a Mac ads.
localzuk Posted October 10, 2011 Posted October 10, 2011 They should rope in the people who made POSV to work on it. After all, they chronicled the early career, so they know where to start. It definitely should not paint him as an angel, as he wasn't. But it shouldn't paint him as a devil either.
mattx Posted October 10, 2011 Posted October 10, 2011 I've heard once the film is released it will be re-released every 6 months but everytime slightly better than the last one. 1
mattx Posted October 10, 2011 Posted October 10, 2011 I would also recommend Triumph Of The Nerds too (for those who don't want to read Accidental Empires). Reading this at the moment: Inside Intel: Amazon.co.uk: Tim Jackson: Books And it's quite brilliant and jaw dropping.
Jawloms Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 I've heard once the film is released it will be re-released every 6 months but everytime slightly better than the last one. Will it be more expensive to see than other films too?
MK-2 Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 According to the radio news, it will be based entirely on his autobiography although knowing hollywoods truth bending department i'm sure there will be time for him to also save england from talking german in ww2, kill a few hundred terrorists single handedly and then fly away in a spaceship (unless of course this is actually in his autobiography)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now