Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We've recently bought three new Activeboard 300s and (as expected) they have different pens from the existing boards.

 

What are my options with regard to:

 

a) a universal pen that just works on everything from Promethean?

b) a firmware upgrade for the older boards so they work with the newer pens as well?

c) Something else that makes it easy for a teacher to wander into a room and start scribbling without me needing to colour-code pens and boards?

 

cheers

Posted

Hi Pete,

 

Unfortunately there isn't a "universal" pen that will work on all our ActivBoards - the new generation of boards work at a different frequency to what they did previously hence the reason for the new style pen - not sure if it helps but the colour of the Teacher pen matches the colour of the ActivBoard 300's extrusions.

Posted

We prefer to give someone a pen that's theirs and they keep it with them. IWB pens left in classrooms get borrowed and never returned.

 

Might I suggest investigating how many customers would be interested in a double-ended pen (since the circuit board is tiny - most of the length is to give something to grip)? We'd certainly buy them - I have 25 boards, 3 of which now don't support the pens we've issued to every teacher.

Posted
We prefer to give someone a pen that's theirs and they keep it with them. IWB pens left in classrooms get borrowed and never returned.

 

Might I suggest investigating how many customers would be interested in a double-ended pen (since the circuit board is tiny - most of the length is to give something to grip)? We'd certainly buy them - I have 25 boards, 3 of which now don't support the pens we've issued to every teacher.

Now that is a good idea :)

 

Must admit I am really upset that my classic thin black Promethean pen with the white end that I love is no longer usable on many new boards due to those changes, I loved the classic pens so much better than the silly thick ones that are with them now, I cannot manage to hold the big thick pens well and find them not the right size for comfort.




×
×
  • Create New...