Disaster Posted May 19, 2011 Posted May 19, 2011 I have a battered old Marshall 4x12 cab that I'm gettnig rid of. I've opened up the back and it has 4 of these http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z135/custom53_photos/Stuff/My%20Amplifiers/DSCF0368.jpg Are these actually worth much? I know celestion do make some good speakers. cheers
mjs_mjs Posted May 19, 2011 Posted May 19, 2011 urm - yeah they are worth a bit to the right person. Anyone wanting that 'vintage sound' would love to have some older originals. Might be worth posting on some guitar specific forums.
Disaster Posted May 19, 2011 Author Posted May 19, 2011 thinking about just selling the whole Cab for £50, as the cab looks well battered, lots of rips etc. seen many gigs! just need it off my hands sharpish really
LosOjos Posted May 19, 2011 Posted May 19, 2011 Have you considered listing it in Guitarist or similar magazines? Or your local newspaper? Even if the cab is battered, Celestion speakers might be worth the asking price alone to somebody... I'm anti-eBay after the fees I've just been charged by the rob dogs! If you list your cab for £50 on there you'll be lucky to have £40 of it left after their fees!
Disaster Posted May 19, 2011 Author Posted May 19, 2011 need to get shot quick and cant be doing with the hassle, although if no-one picks it up i'll check them out. Got some interest from GumTree. Gigs coming up and I need another valve amp!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now