Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Fantastic day. Was invited to Silverstone for the official opening of the new Pit/Paddock complex (The Wing) after winning a competition to name it.

 

How absolutely starstruck am I?

It's honestly easier to list who was not there. If they were British and related to motorsport, they were there. Murray Walker. Damon Hill. Jenson Button. Sterling Moss. LOADS of them. Chatted to a fair few, wonderful people. And had a go in a fantastic F1 simulator too - really hurt my hands!

 

Next up, MotoGP followed by British Grand Prix! I'm such a lucky git :)

Posted

I hate people who name drop...I was only telling Price Charles the same thing the other day... :)

 

Seriously though...I am...seriously envious...

Posted

Best day of your life!?

 

Even better then the birth of your children?? ;)

 

Seriously though, glad you had a fab day, nothings gone wrong at work today either!

Posted
Best day of your life!?

 

Even better then the birth of your children?? ;)

 

Seriously though, glad you had a fab day, nothings gone wrong at work today either!

 

Ok there might be 3 exceptions! (2 children, 1 marriage). But apart from that, the best day of my life!

 

So you haven't been tempted to have another go at the NAS then? ;)

Posted
To say I'm envious would be an understatement...... (goes off muttering).

 

Agreed, if your coming to the conference keep your eyes peeled there are some Green with Envy Geeks on here! Maybe an Edugeek stand at the F1 is required :D

Posted
To say I'm envious would be an understatement...... (goes off muttering).

 

I totally am the same, I would love to of met them. Walker and Hill are total Legends I could talk about F1 all day with them.

Although I would be tempted to ask Murray if he can shout out GO GO GO AND THEIR OFF!!! just once :)

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...