cheshireguy Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 Dear All I apologise if this is a repeated post but I have had a quick search and cannot find anything. I am really concerned that if a user locks there computer there is no way of logging them off at the console like you could in XP. Does anyone have a fix for this? I know I could use psexec but to be honest if a teacher locks a workstation leaves it and then someone else needs to unlock it, it would be much easier for them to do it themselves. Any thoughts on this bug gratefully excepted.
FN-GM Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 If you press switch user that should let you do it.
BHMS Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 Enable fast user switching so they can just login as another user. This wasn't an option in XP under domains which seems to be why things have changed. This also allows admins to login and log the user off in task manager. 1
cheshireguy Posted April 28, 2011 Author Posted April 28, 2011 Cheers - fast user switching is disabled, will give that a go cheers
cheshireguy Posted April 28, 2011 Author Posted April 28, 2011 Tested and working - DOH!!!, I am slowly warming to Windows 7 but still finding querks. Cheers for the help
john Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 Fast user switching is great until the kids all never log-off queue the helpdesk tickets of the PCs in room X are all really slow, you thinking hmmm they are my new quad cores with 4gb ram why is that, go and look and find 10 kids logged onto one PC as they have all done fast user switching Thus we have disabled that to stop that occurring. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now