Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Dear All

 

I apologise if this is a repeated post but I have had a quick search and cannot find anything.

 

I am really concerned that if a user locks there computer there is no way of logging them off at the console like you could in XP.

 

Does anyone have a fix for this?

 

I know I could use psexec but to be honest if a teacher locks a workstation leaves it and then someone else needs to unlock it, it would be much easier for them to do it themselves.

 

Any thoughts on this bug gratefully excepted.

 

;)

Posted
Enable fast user switching so they can just login as another user. This wasn't an option in XP under domains which seems to be why things have changed. This also allows admins to login and log the user off in task manager.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
Fast user switching is great until the kids all never log-off queue the helpdesk tickets of the PCs in room X are all really slow, you thinking hmmm they are my new quad cores with 4gb ram why is that, go and look and find 10 kids logged onto one PC as they have all done fast user switching :( Thus we have disabled that to stop that occurring.
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...