georgebush Posted April 18, 2011 Posted April 18, 2011 Hi there, I've been asked by a customer to find a way for them to use handwriting recognition in Office 2003 running on Windows XP. From what I can tell for this to work they'd need to be running Tablet PC edition. I was just wondering whether anyone has come across this and came up with a solution, I know ActivInspire allows you to use handwriting recognition within itself but really I need it to be within Office.
jamesb Posted April 18, 2011 Posted April 18, 2011 Nope, no need for any extras or for Tablet PC edition, just need the right language (English is one of those languages, so you should be safe). What they will need is a Wacom tablet or similar. Details here - How to install and configure speech and handwriting recognition in Word 2003
TRobinson Posted April 19, 2011 Posted April 19, 2011 Once you have added the Hand-Writing Recognition feature of Office 2003, you will be able to use your Promethean ActivBoard to perform this.
georgebush Posted June 13, 2011 Author Posted June 13, 2011 Cheers for that guys, got as far as installing handwriting recognition only for the handwriting tablet on the language bar not to work. Turns out Office 2003 SP3 breaks handwriting recognition, the fix was to copy PENUSA.dll from a machine without SP3, this fixed it and everything is working fine now.
Recommended Posts