featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I am toying with the idea of doing an edugeek gaming tournament. Having spoken with Dos_box, it would be cool to do, however I would like everyones choice of games. For ease of the tournament it would be Xbox and Playstation (separate ones for each) as PC gaming requires external hosting. I was thinking the games Fifa 11 or Black Ops (1v1 private match). Who would be interested. If so, please select which game you would prefer. Many thanks Nephilim
Hightower Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I think Black Ops would be cool, but not 1v1 - a team game would be awesome. Also, how about Home Front when that comes out on the 18th
korifugi Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I'd be up for it but I have neither of these games
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 doing 1v1 would be fair as there would most likely be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, which if there were teams it would be difficult to attain more prizes for them!
AshMan91 Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I'll do a 1v1 on Fifa Also the new Mortal Kombat game comes out on the 21st April, which looks insane!
korifugi Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I think Black Ops would be cool, but not 1v1 - a team game would be awesome. Also, how about Home Front when that comes out on the 18th For team games, what about something like Battlefield 1943? Nice level playing field and it's easy to get a private game set up
Dom_ Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I'd be up for any FPS :-) (shocking at football games )
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 vote up in the poll Need more votes and such like!
Dom_ Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 Didn't notice the poll - it's in the place that ad's usually are!
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 LMAO....nice...but I dont want everyone to lose to me sparkeh, I am amazing at throwing shapes on the dancefloor! Just the options available please
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 Depending on the game thats voted, I will also be speaking the the creators of said game to try to get some official endorsement from them also!
Hightower Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I voted 1v1 cos I wanted to vote for Black Ops, but I wouldn't actually play 1v1 - I think it would be boring. I'd only play Black Ops if it was a team game, or a free for all with plenty of people in. It's easy enough to set up a private match too.
Dom_ Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 FFA would definitely be better - easy enough to judge winners if we went by total points scored? 1
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 hightower and dom, 1 v 1 allows for a knock out tournament. Doing a match like FFA or based on teams requires a lot more on sponsors behalf (in terms of prizes) and requires more organisation in getting everyone available at a certain time.
Hightower Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 hightower and dom, 1 v 1 allows for a knock out tournament. Doing a match like FFA or based on teams requires a lot more on sponsors behalf (in terms of prizes) and requires more organisation in getting everyone available at a certain time. I know, but 2 people on a map designed for 12 is going to be sooooooooooooooooo slow
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 not on nuke town / firing range, it would be limited to those 2 maps
Dom_ Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 hightower and dom, 1 v 1 allows for a knock out tournament. Doing a match like FFA or based on teams requires a lot more on sponsors behalf (in terms of prizes) and requires more organisation in getting everyone available at a certain time. Good point - hadn't thought about the organisation/sponsor side, last time I played 1v1 I almost died of boredom though! ;-) Still up for it though!
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 Good stuff. Hope lots of people want to join.
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 I personally voted fifa, because I am better at it, however I shalln't take part if it all comes to fruition as I am organising it and would not want to be accused of giving myself easy fixtures / buys to the next round
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now