Hightower Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I personally voted fifa, because I am better at it, however I shalln't take part if it all comes to fruition as I am organising it and would not want to be accused of giving myself easy fixtures / buys to the next round Don't be silly, we're all adults here
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 I have been in an over 21's tournament which I set up and got accused of the self same thing.
Rawns Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I'm going to go with none of those as I'm a PC game, but your concept does interest me! Maybe a separate Tournament for PC users? L4D2 could be good, (survivors vrs infected) or you could have 4 people in a team playing a survival map to see who can hold out the longest or something similar? You can easily post screenies of the score on the forums. It requires no special hosting as plenty of servers are available, or failing that, any other new game with dedicated servers usually means loads of servers that are empty and can easily be used for a quick blast.
Guest Guest Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 Why not a free game? An old PC game maybe. That way anyone can play. Its not exactly fair if you need to have the correct console and the correct game.
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 I am happy to open it up to PC as well, but its not just me its down too. There are sponsors to consider etc. Also what game suggestions would you say?
Little-Miss Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 I vote for Lips 80's...i'd kick all your butts!! Seriously though, i'm poo at those games lol!
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 If anyone has any other game suggestions...PM me and I will speak with the peoples involved in the back end and get their thoughts Reason it was down to consoles and those 2 games, is because most people here have either console and either game according to the gamer tag threads
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 *BUMP* Any other suggestions? (some got me on xbox and told me their choices)
SYNACK Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 The Black Ops option would not have to be 1v1, you can have random teams and go on the kill/death point rankings. Bottom 2 each round get dropped and it all leads up to a 1v1 as a final for the top 2.
featured_spectre Posted March 15, 2011 Author Posted March 15, 2011 How about ffa tables, done based on overall points, going too 1v1 from final 8??? Would much prefer there to be 1v1 elements in knock out stages
Rawns Posted March 16, 2011 Posted March 16, 2011 I think it would be a case of getting together a list of the 3 platforms in a poll and gauge who has what and what one they would like to take part in. Then if there is enough interest in each platform, compile a list of possible games that people would like? Failing that, a separate thread for each platform. I guess there is also a split between platforms and games (eg - Fifa 11 can be played quite easily on console and I'm sure a lot of people have/play it, but I doubt many people have it on PC AND play online). You could also say that it's possible that most PC games may be more FPS or MMO players. I guess the obvious games would be included in the PC group (BC2, CoD series, CS:S, maybe L4D2 etc) - usually whatever game recent & popular at the time. Server wise, I have my own L4D2 server which could be used (though I only set it up last night and am still playing around with how to manage it.
featured_spectre Posted March 16, 2011 Author Posted March 16, 2011 OK, new poll will be going up for port + style of game
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now