Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just thinking that now we are less educational geeks, rather, educating geeks we could do with a non-educational jobs forum.

 

I think it should be kept separate to the educational forum as the hard and fast members may still want to use that and stay in the sector, plus it's free for schools to advertise, however somewhere for people wanting out, or those visitors that find us via google, it would be good.

 

Plus we can have it locked down so only pre-approved posts can go up, and sufficient remuneration awarded to the coffers. Could also be a new stream of advertising traffic.

 

Unless we already have this in which case, ignore me, i'm not up to speed.

Posted

You? Not up to speed? Perish the thought :)

Although at Bett I did only get two hugs which I did feel was NOT your usual speed, I must say :)

 

As for the forum - good idea if someone has the time to administer it

Posted

Separating educational and non-educational jobs may be a good idea. The alternative is to rename the forum as "IT jobs". Personally I prefer the latter as I think most of us would be open to jobs in either side if we were after a change.

 

Locking down is very restrictive. People like me post up both educational and non-educational jobs we spot in the local paper or in our travels on the web simply because they might be of interest to another edugeek. Having to get yourself approved before posting jobs could end up creating more for those policing it than they actually need and put some people off advertising jobs in their school as it would 'blow their cover'.

Posted (edited)

I don't think you need to have 2 different forums, not all of us in education want to stay in education and keeping them all together makes it for interesting reading sometimes :)

 

In terms of making it a source of revenue... it could work, you have a targetted userbase with key skills in IT... resourcers would love to post IT jobs here... I can think of 2 agencies that need to wise up, this would be a better place for them to start and likely cheaper than advertising on reed, totaljobs or the IT Job board.

Edited by dwhyte85
Posted
You? Not up to speed? Perish the thought :)

Although at Bett I did only get two hugs which I did feel was NOT your usual speed, I must say :)

 

As for the forum - good idea if someone has the time to administer it

 

That's cos BOSSMAN had you all locked up ;)

 

@elsiegee40 - It's already supposed to be locked down, and though you are a good example of how to use it, we get some posts that we aren't sure of, especially from new posters or people that may work for a company.

 

All the rules / stickies refer to it being for educational jobs, so i thought it would be easier to have a locked down jobs forum, and a slightly more open educational one.

 

As for administering, it's fairly easy for us to take on i reckon, given some extra powers ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...