Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ive just installed the final version of Vista from Technet on a VM, installed the Beta 2 VM Additions, and to put it mildly, its still running like crap

It also didnt reboot after installing the additions so I assume they dont work with the final.

 

Surely theres a way to get decent performance in VPC/Virtual Server? I cant find any others that have been released

Posted

What spec is the PC you are running the VM on ?

 

I was running the beta versions on my Dell laptop D610 and it was ok - not brilliant but ok.

Its now running Vista Ultimate with XP Pro SP2 as the Virtual and it does the job.

Posted

Its a 2.8 P4 with 2GB RAM, running Server 2003

 

Ive got no doubt if I installed it on that sort of machine properly, it would work OK, but as a virtual machine performance is just too poor to use

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...