Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm having a very odd issue with one of our smartboards not calibrating and reproducing user input correctly.

 

See the attached image for an example of what I get if I try to draw a straight line across the board.

 

Ideas?

 

eb_1.png

Posted
Were you on the cider last night? That produces the same effect here the next morning when I try to draw a straight line.

 

Haha, sadly not. This is an actual straight line. :p

Posted

that looks like spiking of it to me :( Nothing new in the area, like speakers, magnets, metalwork etc?

 

Tried it on a Laptop to rule out PC issue?

Posted
that looks like spiking of it to me :( Nothing new in the area, like speakers, magnets, metalwork etc?

 

Tried it on a Laptop to rule out PC issue?

 

Nothing new in the room, but there is now a new smartboard directly behind it on the wall of the other classroom, including speakers and amp. (No new power sockets though, they were pre-existing, but unused).

 

Its only ever used on a laptop. I'll have to try another one.

 

I'll also disconnect all the stuff in the other room too. If that is the cause, I will be so miffed! lol

Posted
Have you checked the screws under the pen tray? We have had a few boards where the screws have worked loose or have been tightened too much and this has caused a similar issue to what yours is showing.
Posted
The fitters for the one on the wall behind it didn't go through the wall and into that one did they? and you've introduced a large piece of metal directly behind it wonder if thats causing a bit of the issue, especially if its a stud wall
Posted

We experienced this same problem a few years back on some SMART Boards.

The reasons for the fault were:

1) The 2 screws (under the pen tray) being too tight which made the board not hang level

2) The controller board (which slides in the bottom right corner) was faulty or

3) The membrane of the board was faulty / damaged

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...