Guest TheLibrarian Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 With the backing of the guy who owns overclockers.co.uk, I can't see it. Unfortunately. Just for my interest; how do you know the oc guy is backing them?
siuko Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 I'd be very interested to know too... I've used OCUk for years and dont like the sound of this... "if its true"
CHR1S Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 (edited) Overclockers Owner's posts on his forum - Talk Audio Forums might be a starting point Just a point tho, I can prove he's a racist I cant prove he funds the BNP, just search for Mark Proudfoot and have a nose about if you have time. Edited May 10, 2010 by CHR1S
Gatt Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 Time to play Devils Advocate here For the record: I don't support or agree with the BNP but.. this is a regular argument I have with my wife regarding the BNP and its popped up here too.. It's with regards to the "what if they [the BNP] won" scenario and the "they wouldnt / shouldn't be allowed to form a government" debate It cannot be debated - if they get enopugh votes and seats - they win - fair and square - and are fuly entitled to form a government - we cannot stop that simply because a few people (as would be the case if they won) dont agree with what they do.. The constitution / Democracy is there for everyone - irrespective of who they are or what their beliefs are.. the same would go if there was a party for a religious extremist group.. To suddenly turn round and go "yes you have won enough seats to form a government - but you can't" then that would destroy the democratic values that we enjoy in this country.. We cannot do it to Labour because we didnt like some of their decisions, so why can we do it to the likes of the BNP?
Guest TheLibrarian Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 Ditto on the support and agreement bit. Time to play Devils Advocate here Good point, I don't like it, but I am forced to say I agree with you.
teejay Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 Same here, it's a fundamental right to have free speach and a free vote.
Guest Guest Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 Time to play Devils Advocate here Yep. It does make me laugh when people disagree with that POV on the ground of "they wouldnt be fair, democratic, they would step on our rights, they would go against everything we take for granted, etc", yet they cannot see by saying those things they are acting in the same way as the BNP (minus the racism of course). Im actually quite glad in the way the votes went. They didnt get any seats, but they did get a high enough number of votes (almost as much as all of NI put together, and more than the number of labour voters in Wales so not insignificant) to hopefully make the parties take a long look at themselves and think "maybe we cant keep taking the pish".
localzuk Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 I think the old quote below sums it up for me. I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now