mattx Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 (edited) According to the BBC - Jobs stated: The Apple boss added that Flash fell short on security and was "the number one reason Macs crash". BBC News - Apple boss Steve Jobs explains ban on Flash If that's the case then why is Apple blocking Flash from iPhones but not Macs ? And my PCs [ and I have quite a few of them ] have never crashed because of Flash. Does that mean OSX is crappier than Windows ? Edited April 30, 2010 by mattx
sted Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 it means mr jobs cant milk money from apps done in flash or make them apple only making it harder to port to another system. he just seems to want a compleely closed system with no other big names getting even a small slice of the apps market
mattx Posted April 30, 2010 Author Posted April 30, 2010 it means mr jobs cant milk money from apps done in flash or make them apple only making it harder to port to another system. he just seems to want a compleely closed system with no other big names getting even a small slice of the apps market If that's the case then what will happen when HTML5 becomes the norm ? Bloke is a first class moron [ as usual ] 1
Popular Post webman Posted April 30, 2010 Popular Post Posted April 30, 2010 As I said on Twitter last night, I wonder how many people (there was a large number) who agreed with the post from Apple, would still agree with Jobs if he said Flash was amazing. Over 90%? 6
LosOjos Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 There's a lot of Apple fanboy-ism about and it's just plain irritating. Fair play to them, the iPod seriously pushed the MP3 player market (despite doing nothing new and actually limiting you to the use of iTunes to use them) and the iPhone has given the smart phone market a good shove too, but it seems to me that Apple seem to be a lot of style and little substance. I've jumped in to Android and am happy to have done so
sidewinder Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 I have had a few browser hangs from Flash in OS X but I've had more crashes from other software, or just Finder
mattx Posted April 30, 2010 Author Posted April 30, 2010 I'm still struggling with my Samsing Monte......Bleeding terrible phone. Just glad I didn't pay for it.
LosOjos Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 I'm still struggling with my Samsing Monte......Bleeding terrible phone. Just glad I didn't pay for it. I've had two Samsung's in the past and thought both were terrible to be honest, really awkward UI and the semi-touch screen I had (it was one of those where the soft keys are touch screen and the keypad are touch type) was absolutely appalling, way too sensitive for my clumsy fingers
mattx Posted April 30, 2010 Author Posted April 30, 2010 The touch screen is not a problem for me now I am used to it. For me it's the other factors, I installed Opera Mini on it but I can stop it from connecting to the 3G network when I want to use it as I only want to use it on a Wi-Fi connection. I can't sync up my Outlook calendar - [ contacts not a problem ] and I can't install apps from the Kies software as it won't see the phone [ when you choose that option from the software interface ] and the PC Studio software won't see the phone either. Also I used the video converter within the KIES software to change a Family Guy AVI to an MP4 - uploaded it to the phone [ as it only plays .mp4s ] and guess what, it won't play. One useless piece of junk in my opinion.
dayzd Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 I have had a few browser hangs from Flash in OS X but I've had more crashes from other software, or just Finder Ditto. I don't think my macs have crashed while I've been using anything Flash-powered, but I have had Finder crash doing other things, often while moving between Spaces - it isn't always as stable as you'd want it to be! Personally, my somewhat cynical point of view is as Sted's: jobs cant milk money from apps done in flash or make them apple only making it harder to port to another system. he just seems to want a compleely closed system with no other big names getting even a small slice of the apps market While Jobs' arguments make a certain amount of sense, the accusations of controlling the market for Apple devices seems the most likely reason to me.
sted Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 my experience of most crash happy mac software is parallels just locked the mac up solid with a please turn off message on the screen
Duane_Dibbley Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 Does that mean OSX is crappier than Windows ? Yes it means mr jobs cant milk money from apps done in flash or make them apple only making it harder to port to another system. he just seems to want a compleely closed system with no other big names getting even a small slice of the apps market Exactly
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now