school Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Hi Guy's, Looking to find some inventory software that is free... Basically I want it to install onto each machine on the network then compile a report with the machine information. If possible Make, Model and serial. Tar!
john Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 OCS Inventory NG - Welcome to OCS Inventory NG web site ! is one that is purely inventory, a small client app runs on the system and works great I've use it before. You could also use something like Spiceworks Network Monitoring Software from Spiceworks ? Free Software for Network Management which does the job as well.
apoth0r Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Impero Inventory was quite good when I used it. Impero - Can't remember if it was a cost project or a freebie, worth giving them a buzz.
Jlwalm Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Spiceworks is great for inventory and is free. scans your network.
broc Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Open-Audit is free, and very good. It doesn't need anything installing on the client, it provides scripts which use WMI to interrogate the clients.
Elison Posted August 2, 2010 Posted August 2, 2010 Try Spiceworks. Its free and I guess doesnt need to be installed on other PCs in your network except Administrators PC.
ranj Posted August 2, 2010 Posted August 2, 2010 Does anyone know of some free printer inventory tracking software. I thought there was a free web based system which worked with mysql and php but for the life of me I can't find it!
Starkiller Posted November 30, 2010 Posted November 30, 2010 I am using OCS Inventory NG and loving it! Its able to return every bit of detail from my RM clients. Had issues setting it up at first, but got it going.
plexer Posted November 30, 2010 Posted November 30, 2010 Does anyone know of some free printer inventory tracking software. I thought there was a free web based system which worked with mysql and php but for the life of me I can't find it! http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/61485-toner-inventory-database.html That one? Ben
luismor Posted December 4, 2010 Posted December 4, 2010 For me the best is Lansweeper. Take a look on it, now they got a 300€ version and a free version.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now