BKGarry Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 Has anyone successfully installed SIMS.net on a MacBook (intel Based)? I can use Parralels but want to know if i can do it sort of native? Gaz
Norphy Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 If you install it on a Bootcamp'd XP installation, I don't see why it wouldn't work. The Windows installation doesn't know that it's a Mac after all.
GrumbleDook Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 It cannot be run within OSX yet and unlikely to in the near future (unless Phil could say otherwise). You have a choice of 3 methods ... 1 - a virtual machine ... Parralels, Virtual PC 2 - Boot Camp ... a dual boot machine with XP on the alternative partition 3 - Terminal Service ... have a small box running as a windows terminal server and do things from there.
mac_shinobi Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 cross over ? http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/
NetworkGeezer Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 I think GrumbleDooks suggestions are probably the best. Can you imagine ringing the Capita help desk with a problem and trying to explain WINE to them. "No. WINE is not emulation!"
mac_shinobi Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 I was just giving alternatives LOL, they did say native right LOL Cross over would probably be better then wine but I think boot camp or a virtual machine are easier
GrumbleDook Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 Crossover is not that good ... it wasn't happy with office 2003 so I doubt it would like SIMS.net.
mac_shinobi Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 yeah , access 2003 dont work on cross over : http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=150 boot camp or virtual machine is what I would go with then
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now