Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sophos reports it having a virus once it's installed.

 

20061108 150454 Summary of results for scan 'Right-Click Scan':

Items processed: 120

Errors: 0

Viruses quarantined: 1

Viruses dealt with: 0

20061108 150603 Virus Mal/Packer detected in:

"C:\Program Files\Universal Extractor\bin\IsXunpack.exe"

Posted

Sophos detects lots of things as viruses when they are not lol

It even thought one of my music apps was a virus!

 

Go glad we've moved away from that peice of s**t

Posted
Sophos detects lots of things as viruses when they are not lol

It even thought one of my music apps was a virus!

 

Go glad we've moved away from that peice of s**t

 

First false positive I've ever had in the 4 years I've had experience of it so it can't do it too often.

Posted
Yup, it even moaned a while ago about a tool Sophos told me to download to fix a borked database, when I told them they were like oh no not again.
Posted
Yup, it even moaned a while ago about a tool Sophos told me to download to fix a borked database, when I told them they were like oh no not again.

 

Sometimes I just wish I was a b****y truck driver!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...