AliG Posted March 5, 2010 Posted March 5, 2010 1) The prompt that the machine is shutting down appears in the background is there a way of it being on top of other windows I just know some people wont see it and complain when the computer shuts down. 2) I would like to be able to run a second shutdown if the first was aborted. Is this available yet or is it planned for the future?
powdarrmonkey Posted March 6, 2010 Posted March 6, 2010 Hi, 1) The prompt that the machine is shutting down appears in the background is there a way of it being on top of other windows I just know some people wont see it and complain when the computer shuts down. For Windows XP, the prompt should already be system modal. In Vista/7, it currently appears on a secondary desktop, which is less than ideal but will be fixed in 1.5. 2) I would like to be able to run a second shutdown if the first was aborted. Is this available yet or is it planned for the future? It's called Second Chance Shutdown and it's also going to be in 1.5.
djones Posted March 8, 2010 Posted March 8, 2010 It's called Second Chance Shutdown and it's also going to be in 1.5. Any idea on time scale for v1.5?
powdarrmonkey Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 I'm afraid not, I currently recommend you deploy the latest release anyway and upgrade when the time comes.
djones Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 Thanks, appreciate the response! I have the latest deployed but thought I'd ask anyway. Dave
sven Posted May 18, 2011 Posted May 18, 2011 1) The prompt that the machine is shutting down appears in the background is there a way of it being on top of other windows I just know some people wont see it and complain when the computer shuts down. Brilliant little solution you've made here. Just wanted to get that laid on the table first. I also have this same scenario, where the system dialogue will always appear in the background. It displays in the taskbar, but our users are fairly unlikely to see this.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now