Oops_my_bad Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 Hi All, I'm having a problem with some printers on site, mainly HP 2015n's We are using the latest universal print driver (previously upgraded from older version to see if it causes a problem). Print server is 2003 R2 standard 64bit, but we are sharing out 32bit and x64 drivers for clients. When some people print a document, the text will print off OK but the images just come out as black squares! Clients are a mix of Vista and 7, all 32bit I can remove the printer off the client and reboot to let it re-deploy and it will work OK for a few days, until it starts printing the black squares again. Anyone ever had this or got any ideas what could be causing it? Driving me up the wall now! Thanks
AngryTechnician Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 I have had no end of weird issues like this with the UPD, and have given up using it. One thing you could try is swapping from the PCL to the PS version (or vice-versa depending on which one you're using). 1
Fuzzz Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 You can also use the driver for the HP LaserJet 4 Plus. Works with just about any type of printer. Only advanced options such as duplex printing (if supported by your printer) are not available.
round2it Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 You can also use the driver for the HP LaserJet 4 Plus. Works with just about any type of printer. Only advanced options such as duplex printing (if supported by your printer) are not available. i would go with ps drivers for hp printers also do you use pcounter by any chance?
Gerry Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 I don't use the UPD's either, heard too many bad things about it. I mostly use PCL but some printers like CP1515 work better with PS.
Oops_my_bad Posted March 11, 2010 Author Posted March 11, 2010 Okai. Well, I've loaded the latest universal PS driver on a small sample of printers on our print server. Bingo, the problem appears to have been sorted. However the problem I am having now is the speed of print jobs!! It is taking around 30 seconds for the job to actually spool up and hit the printer - small jobs, should print pretty much as soon as you hit print, and once it starts printing, the paper is so slow to move through the printer (eg the rollers seem to run at about half speed and the paper is very slow to come out of the output bin) So to print it is taking anything upto 1 or 2 minutes per page! As soon as I load the PCL drivers all is fine, except for the black boxes Anyone any idea why the PS driver may be causing this speed problem? I havent tried the B&W printers yet but this is ocurring on all our HP 2025N's
SimpleSi Posted March 11, 2010 Posted March 11, 2010 See this thread which explains why PS is slow http://www.edugeek.net/forums/hardware/49134-hp2605-printers-soooo-slow.html regards Simon 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now