FN-GM Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Hi, I am looking for some software. I am looking for something to manage letters, im forever loosing things. The idea is when i get a letter in the post scan it in and import it into the software. I would also like the ability to add notes maybe from telephone calls. Thanks
powdarrmonkey Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 PaperPort is quite good at this, I don't know if it handles phone calls though. You want a sort of journal application, I suppose - maybe RedNotebook or possibly even Outlook?
SYNACK Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 (edited) Sounds like you are after a document managment system [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_management_system]Document management system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] Open Source Document Managment and Fujitsu scanners with different platforms — Net Easy, Inc. Main Page - KnowledgeTree Document Management Made Simple Looks like you can integrate them with networked scanners and photocopiers too, there are probably way simpler single person version floating about though that may be better suited depending on how you are going to use it. Edit: Document managment may have been over the top - I should have said Document Imaging software, here is a list of some, no idea if they work on a mac though 5 Best Document Imaging Software Edited February 15, 2010 by SYNACK
FN-GM Posted February 15, 2010 Author Posted February 15, 2010 Something i should have pointed out is that i would like something for mac. I will look at your suggestions Thanks
Edu-IT Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 How about a filing box and some plastic pockets? What's to stop you losing the letter between it falling on the mat and scanning it. At least with a box you can file the original. Organisation!
Sylv3r Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Have a look at Welcome to your notable world | Evernote Corporation - it will do the job - I am tempted to start using it myself for a similar reason as you.
Iosoma Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 Another one for Evernote, awesome piece of software, scan straight through to it and within minutes ive got in in the cloud and all my other gadgets. Its been a lifesaver!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now