mattx Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 Now I am NOT a Rugby expert, and this is the first time in a long time I have not gone to one of the 6 nation games - but that Referee in the Wales / Scotland game............Plonker. He really needs to read the rule book again.
garethEds Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 Never mind that game - Ireland v France have Wayne 'Stevie Wonder' Barnes :-) He's not a favourite of The Ospreys here in Swansea. Gareth
dwhyte85 Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 How did the Ireland hooker not get sin binned 3-4 minutes ago... he took the guys legs out with a swinging leg, Roy Keane would have been proud.
Theblacksheep Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 Motherwell's second goal against Rangers this week.
mattx Posted February 13, 2010 Author Posted February 13, 2010 Please expand? Gareth 80 mins !! The clock was red but the ref allowed the last play !! Plonker.
dwhyte85 Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 Ball is played until kicked out or stoppage... lost and won many games like that playing amateur:D
pooley Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 80 mins !! The clock was red but the ref allowed the last play !! Plonker. Prob shouldn't of been allowed to take the KO, but the scots should of just booted the KO off the park, game over. Glad they didn't though :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
garethEds Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 80 mins !! The clock was red but the ref allowed the last play !! Plonker. I am going to assume you are calling the ref a plonker and not me :-) I agree with the clock going over - but you play what the ref gives you. The Welsh did this. I would be more worried about his other failings - Scotland coming over the top and around the sides at the breakdown for example. The Scottish kickers were on fire today. Are you Scottish mattx? Gareth
garethEds Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 Prob shouldn't of been allowed to take the KO, but the scots should of just booted the KO off the park, game over. Yeah - guess the Scottish cannot close a game down. Wales were the same the other year. Glad they didn't though :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CCCCCCCCCoooooooooommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
dwhyte85 Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 My grandad would have loved that, recently passed on - massive rugby fan and my Dad's scottish (his son in law). Was fun giving my dad a bit of stick... :-D
mattx Posted February 14, 2010 Author Posted February 14, 2010 I am going to assume you are calling the ref a plonker and not me :-) I agree with the clock going over - but you play what the ref gives you. The Welsh did this. I would be more worried about his other failings - Scotland coming over the top and around the sides at the breakdown for example. The Scottish kickers were on fire today. Are you Scottish mattx? Gareth Nope, [ Not Scottish ] but I felt sorry for Andy Robinson [ who's brother is our Dep Head at the school where I work ] - the tactics were right, the scots had a lot of injuries but played a blinder for the first 40 mins but then chucked it away at the end. BTW - I certainly would not call a fellow geek a plonker.....
Little-Miss Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 BTW - I certainly would not call a fellow geek a plonker..... yeah you would!
mattx Posted February 14, 2010 Author Posted February 14, 2010 yeah you would! You know me toooooooooooooooooooo well.......
garethEds Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 Nope, [ Not Scottish ] but I felt sorry for Andy Robinson [ who's brother is our Dep Head at the school where I work ] - the tactics were right, the scots had a lot of injuries but played a blinder for the first 40 mins but then chucked it away at the end. BTW - I certainly would not call a fellow geek a plonker..... I'm not sure about Andy Robinson - he speaks really well but I do think he is out of his depth as an international coach. However as I say that I think Scotland looked very good yesterday. Wales were pathetic in the first half and not much better in the second. It seems sometimes that the Welsh don't believe they can win when really the Welsh backline was always better than the scots. Our scrum was more experienced. I give you the scottish kickers - they were amazing. Dan Parks was gutted. Ireland were poor yesterday so it seems France will be the team to beat. Les Bleus should wipe the floor with England, whilst England should beat Italy today. Gareth
mattx Posted February 14, 2010 Author Posted February 14, 2010 I'm not sure about Andy Robinson - he speaks really well but I do think he is out of his depth as an international coach. However as I say that I think Scotland looked very good yesterday. Wales were pathetic in the first half and not much better in the second. It seems sometimes that the Welsh don't believe they can win when really the Welsh backline was always better than the scots. Our scrum was more experienced. I give you the scottish kickers - they were amazing. Dan Parks was gutted. Ireland were poor yesterday so it seems France will be the team to beat. Les Bleus should wipe the floor with England, whilst England should beat Italy today. Gareth The french do look good don't they ? I was impressed with Ireland for the first 15 of so mins though. You are right, they will be the team to beat & I think England will struggle. I'm looking forward to the game this afternoon but I don't want England to hold back against them like they normally do.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now