Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

script to log into a webpage and wget and parse content


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking for a script that will log into a page (simple form on a http page) and then wget or somehow other parse the page that is displayed, and if the Status changes, send an email.

 

I really dont know how to even start going about it.. I tried going to EduGeek.net

 

but its not a http server user / password its just a simple webform..

 

Any language is fine on and OS :)

Posted

php has wget functionality built into one of its commands, I've used it before, can't remember the name tho....

 

fetch the contents of the page into a string and then use regular expressions to extract what you need and act accordingly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...