Killer_Bot Posted December 14, 2010 Posted December 14, 2010 We use UltraVNC here and have the same issues. The cad.exe mrbios attached didn't help matters either. The only way I've found we can get the cad working is to enable UAC at it's minimal level but not to it's 'off' level.
mrbios Posted December 14, 2010 Author Posted December 14, 2010 We use UltraVNC here and have the same issues. The cad.exe mrbios attached didn't help matters either. The only way I've found we can get the cad working is to enable UAC at it's minimal level but not to it's 'off' level. Try copying it to your C:\Windows directory as well, im not sure why but i've got a copy of it in there on all our machines as well, so long ago now though i can't remember exactly what the fix was. Also when using ultravnc with windows 7 i find i have to select connection speed other than auto, VNC crashes alot when set to auto but anything else works
Killer_Bot Posted December 14, 2010 Posted December 14, 2010 Thanks for the suggestion mrbios but still no go for us. Have tried changing the CAD file for both myself and colleague to no avail. I've got UAC on my machine set to minimum and it allows the 'send cad' command from a different machine. The weird thing was when I first used your CAD exe on my colleagues machine it worked first time. Got excited and tried it on another colleagues and it didn't so went back to the first machine and it wouldn't work then either.......
mrbios Posted December 14, 2010 Author Posted December 14, 2010 Thanks for the suggestion mrbios but still no go for us. Have tried changing the CAD file for both myself and colleague to no avail. I've got UAC on my machine set to minimum and it allows the 'send cad' command from a different machine. The weird thing was when I first used your CAD exe on my colleagues machine it worked first time. Got excited and tried it on another colleagues and it didn't so went back to the first machine and it wouldn't work then either....... Ah are you changing the CAD file on the client or the host? as it needs changing on the client (may have just misread your post but it seemed as if you were changing it on the machine you were connecting from rather than to)
Killer_Bot Posted December 14, 2010 Posted December 14, 2010 I changed it on the client I was trying to connect too, assuming the icon runs the .exe from their HDD. Also tried changing it on my own machine to see if that made a difference but no good. So to clarify I changed it on the machine I wanted to VNC too initially, it worked the first time but after it failing on another machine I tried it again on the one that worked and it decided it no longer wanted to. I have a feeling it's just one of those really annoying issues that make no sense! I do love computers sometimes
tomazzotta Posted December 15, 2010 Posted December 15, 2010 we had problems with ultra vnc and win 7 but we found a version that seems to be better 'skeep vnc console' version 1.4
DrCheese Posted December 15, 2010 Posted December 15, 2010 The latest (v1.0.9.5) version of ultravnc allows you to sort out the CAD issue really easily now, since the programmer has rewritten it to use some MS DLL's instead of his custom cad.exe Install it, remote into it whist logged on as an admin and hit the CAD button and you'll get a prompt to fix it. Done Updated our main image the other day before we roll Windows 7 to our admin machines (where we use it the most...)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now