duncane Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent students peeling off COA stickers from PCs? They were peeled off our old PCs, and I'd prefer our new PCs to not suffer the same fate. I appreciate that if they're visible, students can write the code down, but I'd prefer to avoid them defacing the PCs. (We will, obviously, be attempting to ensure that staff running classes in the room take every care to be vigilant.) Any ideas? I did think about clear plastic film, but that could be peeled off too.
TronXP Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 electrify the case, just enough to keep them off.
tech_guy Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 We tried coating them in superglue. Lesson(s) Learned: A) Quite expensive! B) Becomes brittle with age and can be chipped off.
plexer Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 Ask your supplier to put the on somewhere less obvious? Ben
timzim Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 Or turn that side to the table, if you can. I notice most of our suppliers now stick them on the bottom, and at the back.
pete Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 A couple of coats of clear varnish? May still chip over time.
tech-man Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 Sticky back plastic or glue thin clear plastic over the top?
FN-GM Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 I know one computer builder who won't attach them or alternative is to stick them inside the case
john Posted November 11, 2009 Posted November 11, 2009 They have to watch what they do, Microsoft have very clear guides to OEM System Builders about location of COAs and accessibility. Rear of case fine, but I thought that the bottom was frouned upon, but I do agree bottom (if sitting on worktop / desk) is a good spot. Inside isn't clear and visible without taking appart so last time I checked would not please Mr Microsoft.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now