pooley Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Ok wasnt sure what section to put this in. What if anything do you guys and gals do to educate children on the dangers of giving out personal details etc on the www. Anyone got a web site with info so i caould possibly prepar a power point or somthing ? Cheers Si
Dos_Box Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I did some work for these guys some years back. http://www.once.uclan.ac.uk/ The lady behind it all is Dr Rachel O'Connell who regularly appears on the news when this subject comes up. It was her who taught the met to catch online peadophiles.
eean Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Granny Becta produced a scheme called internet proficiency a few years back. I had a look at the primary version and it seems OK. I used it a bit myself but didn't quite get round to actually implementing it on a whole school level. There are PDFs with lesson plans and websites with games and activities. It covers everything from safety etc.. to text bullying - I'm not sure this is the right link but it might get you started: http://schools.becta.org.uk/index.php?section=is&catcode=ss_to_es_tl_rs_03&rid=9935
MkII Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 There are some guides on Bebo from Parry Aftab [links from the bebo home page]
tickmike Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Hi, These may be of help http://www.kidsmart.org.uk/ http://www.childnet-int.org/safety/parents.aspx http://www.bbc.co.uk/chatguide/ Regards Michael.
Geoff Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 I submitted this story as a news article last night. http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=280
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now