KWestos Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 If (or should that be when) Conservatives come to power, are they going to adopt the BSF programme? Those that are years away, could they just be 'shelved' or will they be committed also?
cookie_monster Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 I have a feeling that in it's current form BSF will get the chop due to the cost. If not then in the end it will probably be about removing contracts from labors friends to the tories friends
broc Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 The Conservatives may choose to keep BSF running, but cut out some of the Quango overheads. It is after all good PFI business for their supporters in the CBI.....
Theblacksheep Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 I love the way the only hope is the conservatives cancelling a privitization project. As if....
bossman Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 I have it on good authority that they will honour the first 3 waves but as for the rest of the waves only time will tell. I think the Conservatives are thinking long term sustainabilty coupled with business partners and following Nordic educational systems closely as they are apparently the in thing at the moment.
localzuk Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 Nordic educational systems are consistently at the top of the world's education charts. Look at the Finnish system. But my guess will be that BSF will live on, under a different name, and with slightly different rules. The cost won't change, it'll just move around a bit - to make it look like the Tories have done something to improve things. Personally, I hope Lib Dems get in. But that's because I'm a hippy.
cookie_monster Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 Personally, I hope Lib Dems get in. But that's because I'm a hippy. I'll second that.
Dos_Box Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 Wow! We are being optemistic today! *I went to school with a Lib Dem front-bencher. He was in the young conservatives at the time!
timzim Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 The Tories have said they'll continue with BSF but they'll cut some of the funding and use it to fund "New Academies", i.e. daft Swedish profit-making schools. Hmm, Soylent Green on the canteen menu anyone?
tmcd35 Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 OT: Well I for one will be voting LD next time. I agree with most that Labour have pretty much run their course for now but unlike the majority of mindless sheep who agree with the Sun and think Conservative and Labour are the only two choices...I think the LD's could actually form a good Government. Unfortuanatly most of the nation appear to think that you only have two real choices at the polls so the LD's would never gain power Back On Topic: I agree with TheBlackSheep - the chances of the Tory's abandoning a privitisation project are quiet remote. We got more chance of them signing us up to the single currencies
bossman Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 I'm voting for captain Black next time round ("This is the voice of the Mysterons") and maybe Captain Scarlet will be in his party also which would whip this country into shape. 1
timzim Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 I'm voting for captain Black next time round ("This is the voice of the Mysterons") and maybe Captain Scarlet will be in his party also which would whip this country into shape. Captain Scarlet would never be in the Captain Black's party, not if the former openly declared his allegiance with the Mysterons. Scarlet would be in Colonel White's moderate party, along with the Angels. Phwoar, they'd get my vote, etc, etc... 2
bossman Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 @timzim: Don't forget that Captian Scarlet is Captain Blacks good angel on the right side of his concience and that Captain White is officially too old now according to the agism act 2525. He could of course start his own party with the Angels hehe!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now