Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

My head has become slightly obsessed with us having Policy central working as we have a guy coming in to talk smt through it on Thursday.

 

Im guessing a lot of you are going to say "No dont do it" but thats not why im here so dont bother cus the head isnt going to change his mind.

 

Now, it has dawned on me that it is certainly not installed on my new server and i couldnt find it on my old one. So where do i get it from?

Posted

Are you a primary or secondary?

 

Secondary's install it on their own server, Primary's have it hosted by link2ict

 

(although i'm in a primary and have installed it on our own server)

 

Its not "that" bad. we've had a few problems with it but overall it does what it says.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

sorry little miss, like i say I asked Link2ICT if i could install PCE on our own server so have never used the hosted version.

 

You also have to have the client software installed on all the machines.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

The client and remote deployment tool will live on your server, it then talks to a L2ICT server to get updates and captures etc.

 

Its a great tool when it works and co-exists with flash/java etc properly. When it decides to stop expect ie to crash and ePortal to freeze.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
yup, having IE8 issues at the moment which i think is down to PCE.

 

I've setup Prisim for e-portal and it works fine.

 

Dont suppose you have it bundled as a webapp by any chance?

Posted
Dont suppose you have it bundled as a webapp by any chance?

 

I just created the webapp and put the folder on the staff common drive and pointed a shortcut to it.

 

I can send it you but it'll all be configured for our e-portal

  • Thanks 1
Posted
I just created the webapp and put the folder on the staff common drive and pointed a shortcut to it.

 

I can send it you but it'll all be configured for our e-portal

 

Dont worry mate, didnt realise just how easy it was!!

 

Thanks for the heads up!

Posted

Ah should I run the remote deployment tool then.

 

I also dont think the client is installed, so im guessing i should install that then?! As im guessing i dont have anything talking to link2ict!!! lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...