FN-GM Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Hi, I have been told from a good source that the release date of Snow Leopard will be around 6th September depending on how things go. Has anyone been messing round with the Beta version? I am pretty impressed with the better x64 support. The OS as a whole runs very smooth and delivers applications well. What are your thoughts?
Sylv3r Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Does anybody know if its possible to pre order snow leopard and what the upgrade cost is from leopard. I have heard about £19. Thanks
FN-GM Posted July 28, 2009 Author Posted July 28, 2009 Erm i doubt you can pre order it. They will be flying off the shelves release day.
Sylv3r Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Erm i doubt you can pre order it. They will be flying off the shelves release day. Thanks - I'll have to find somewhere online selling it or locate my nearest apple store.
FN-GM Posted July 28, 2009 Author Posted July 28, 2009 A friend of a friend works at the Apple Store, i might get him to buy me one before they open. I'm not in any major rush but i like what the OS has to offer. I would also like to get it running on my laptop as i will need it allot in September.
petectid Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Does anybody know if its possible to pre order snow leopard and what the upgrade cost is from leopard. I have heard about £19. Thanks Isn't the usual Apple upgrade route free to those who bought a Mac after a certain date and full cost of the OS for everyone else?
mac_shinobi Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Isn't the usual Apple upgrade route free to those who bought a Mac after a certain date and full cost of the OS for everyone else? a cheap upgrade if you purchased a mac from 8th of June this year( I think ) and full wodge of notes to everyone else
FN-GM Posted July 28, 2009 Author Posted July 28, 2009 Isn't the usual Apple upgrade route free to those who bought a Mac after a certain date and full cost of the OS for everyone else? That route will give you a free upgrade.
SC-UK Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 a cheap upgrade if you purchased a mac from 8th of June this year( I think ) and full wodge of notes to everyone else Very true however - even if it is "a full wodge of notes" "full price" version, it will not be expensive. Snow Leopard doesn't really offer very many new features, more an improvement on the core and how it runs and as so will be either £19 or £29 (I've heard sources quoting both" As for people that have purchased a Mac since the 8th of June this year it will be £6.50 postage or something like that, exactly the same as when I purchased just before the release of Leopard.
petectid Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Just done a bit of research and the upgrade price has not been announced for the UK but it is speculated from the price announced in the US that it will be around £19. For more info see this link here The upgrade for users who purchase a Mac between June 8th and December 26th 2009 will be £7-95 see here
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now