leco Posted July 3, 2009 Posted July 3, 2009 Having a mental block here - must be something to do with the heat! I have a list of "surname space forename" in one column. I need to separate them into two columns - how do I detect the space in order to capture each part, to place in separate columns?
OutToLunch Posted July 3, 2009 Posted July 3, 2009 Do you need a formula? You can just select the column then use the menu Data -> Text to Columns and tell it it's delimited by a space... 2
CESIL Posted July 3, 2009 Posted July 3, 2009 Old skool way would be two formulas...first grabs left of cell up to position of space and second right from position of space... ...but nowadays as OutToLunch said use text to columns... 1
leco Posted July 3, 2009 Author Posted July 3, 2009 I said I was having a blank - thanks both, the suggestion will of course do the job.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now