R0M Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 Hey all, We have a bunch of students that are going on a holiday/school trip thing at the end of next term and we want them to post what they got up to and where they went at the end of each day. Last year we just used a site, I think it was blogspot, for them to post on. This year I’d like to set up the school website so they can post on it. I have looked at things like wordpress but I’m not 100% sure how hard it is to set up and get running or what the best set up would be. Dose any one else out there have something like this set up or any tips? Any advice would be appreciated. Regards, Michael
plexer Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 If you have several students all wanting blogs have a look at wordpress mu. Ben 1
marekbrad Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 Been looking into this myself ... found this article on setting up WP and IIS7 Preparing to Install WordPress on Windows and IIS | David’s Technical Musings 1
Netman Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 Just did this recently... Created a sub-directory of our externally hosted website (linux), e.g blog.someschool.org Created a new mysql db for it via cpanel Uploaded the Wordpress files to the new sub-directory Run through the install for WP, following the quick setup guide on their site. Took about half an hour - then another hour or so messing around with templates and plug-ins to get it just right... Very easy indeed... and the kids love it
mossj Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 (edited) Just thought i'd give you this file, that a teacher (ex-tec) made for wordpress blogs (hosted on wordpress not our site) talks the suer through registration & security settings... but could still prove useful. P.S wordpress is a awesome tool and our teachers write to 16 seperate blogsCreating a blog.pdf Edited June 22, 2009 by mossj
R0M Posted June 23, 2009 Author Posted June 23, 2009 Thank you all, It looks like word press won't be that hard to set up. Our site is internal hosted and on windows, @ marekbrad that link looks very helpfull. I think I will have a crack at setting it up on Friday if I have any quite time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now