Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Been given a PS3 to look at by a member of staff.

 

You switch it on. It beeps three times and then turns itself off.

 

I think it is the original 60gb model, it has the CF and other card ports which I believe were only on that model.

 

Ive had a look on the net and it looks as though this is Sony's own version of the RLOD

 

anybody experienced this? if so how did you fix it?

 

I have tried swapping the hard drive as suggested by one forum post and that didnt work, other sites said early systems had PSU problems but im stumbling round in the dark here hoping to get lucky.

Posted
Unfortunatley i dont think the PS3's 3 beep of death is fixable like the xbox's rrod is, its gonna be a warrenty job im afraid
Posted
Phone up sony and check warrenty status, I got mine on launch day, never had a problem, but have been told it's still covered until next summer....
Posted
This might sound stupid but is the RAM movable? If so, can you try reseating it?

 

I have no idea and im not sure how I would get to it if it was. I think before I open it up id better get the teacher to check the warranty status.

Posted

Try holding the power button for ages and wait for 3 beeps... this access a hidden menu that can recover from some failures (mainly HD).

 

If not, time to call Sony... they are very good with replacements.

  • 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

bit late on this one but you have a ylod which can be fixed with a heat gun and some thermal paste.

 

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVcBo&feature=related]YouTube- ps3 ylod fix part1 gilksy[/ame]

 

gilksy1s guide is great

 

 

also sony will charge you over 100 quid to fix your ps3 and then they only give you a 3 month warranty on it...........which kinda blows

Edited by round2it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...