Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone any experience of companies they can recommend who install those library security systems (ie, them barriers that detect books being stolen), preferably someone based in the NW of England

 

Thanks :D

Posted
Plescon Security Products - 30th Birthday they did the ones where I used to work, you put the magic triggers in the books and gates at the doors and it worked fine. But I know the magic trick around the ones most librarys use to steal the books. I won't leak it here but if you are really worried about book theft you want to not get the entry level tags. You want high security styles.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
'Fraid I can't recommend a supplier. but a hint: get them to mark your current stock of books for you as part of the installation, it will save your librarian months of work and make you a friend for life :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...