TechSupp Posted May 17, 2009 Posted May 17, 2009 Has anyone got a Citroen C4 or has any views on what they are like? Maybe getting ready to change cars and need some independant views on the C4 as a choice. Was thinking along the lines of a 1.6SX hatchback. Other than that any other choices to consider for that size/engine size of car?
button_ripple Posted May 17, 2009 Posted May 17, 2009 From what I have heard it is a really good car. Top Gear Magazine recommend the 1.6 HDi model. Alternatives are: Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra, Volkswagen Golf or Toyota Corolla. 1
TechSupp Posted May 17, 2009 Author Posted May 17, 2009 Not a Form man myself and already got an Astra (albeit an S reg). It won't be a new car as I don't have the money even with the new scrapage deal. Had a Toyota Corolla years ago and still say it was the best car fro the money I ever had so far but for a recent model they just keep their price far too well for my limited budget, same goes for the Golf unfortunately.
StewartKnight Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 I've just sold my 1.6VTR+ Lots of gizmo's for not a lot of money. Nothing went wrong on our car, and we certainly didn't look after it. I liked it, it's just the wife wanted a Grand Scenic 7 seater 1
krisd32 Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 my parents have a c4 picasso thing and that seems to be ok seems to tow fine and gets lots of mpg! thats the 1.6 hdi model aswell. they would reccomend it. 1
TechSupp Posted May 18, 2009 Author Posted May 18, 2009 Thanks for the replys, been googling around and it seems that the C4 is either a hit or a miss and the main problem people seem to claim is reliability. Undecided now as I have seen a Honda Civic (not the latest model) but a 2.0 S for quite a decent price and not a great deal of mileage.
tmcd35 Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 Ohh, Go for the Honda. Especially if it's the previous shape (much better design than the current bubble). My last car was a (very old) Civic until it got rear ended, Grrrr. Loved it, beautiful drive and extremely reliable. It was a 'J' reg had no mechanical problems I could point at. Sailed through it's MOT's. My current car is a Toyota and almost as nice to drive. There has to be something said about Japanesse build quality. I'd certainly buy nothing but. 1
TechSupp Posted May 18, 2009 Author Posted May 18, 2009 Know the feeling after having a Toyota, it was light years ahead of the rest of the market at the time (it was a H reg corolla). Had a citroen AX while I went to uni (G reg) and although only a year older there was no comparison in terms of equipment, quality, reliability etc etc. Was spoilt before with a 2.0 GLS Cavalier and the Honda might fit the bill, power and reliability
Joh619 Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 There has to be something said about Japanesse build quality. I'd certainly buy nothing but. Go Japanese. I have a Hyundai Getz (not quite japanese, but near enough), and my boyfriend has had a civic and a integra type R and all are really good for quality, price, reliability.
Psymon Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 Same as above, id go German or Jap my 10yr old BMW is still running perfectly with 140k miles on the clock, petrol too Psy
markwatkins Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 I have a 2.0 Diesel VTS C4 Coupe and it is a great car 50+ mpg good accelaration as many toys/gizmos as you could wish for..... go for it you will not be disapponted.
Polski Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 I have had three Vauxhall's on the trot. All have done well over 200,000 miles and all have been converted to LPG. Not awe enspiring, but reliable and cheap.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now