Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay- so being a noobie here - I've turned off the 'School Term' box on my front page and for the life of me cannot work out how to get it back.

 

I should read docs but I tend not to - instead preferring to get my hands dirty. I'm trying to get my head around how all the blocks fit together - modules/components/ etc

 

Time to find the proper Joomla docs I think - although it is prolly easy and I'm just trying go avoid reading.

 

Anyone fancy giving me a quick tutorial on the phone for 10 mins?

 

GJE

Posted

I should read docs but I tend not to - instead preferring to get my hands dirty. I'm trying to get my head around how all the blocks fit together - modules/components/ etc

 

If you're not prepared to find and read the docs when you get stuck, I don't see how you expect to conquer Joomla.

 

I imagine you want to enable the module from the Modules section.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Ok, do you have the Term Dates module enabled in the Module Manager and set to Published in the Article Manager.

 

I think that Joomla is something you really need to get your head around before setting off and diving in. One really good thing I did was to get the tutorial from the Joomla website that helps you create a simple site using the Joomla base package and helps you to get the links between catagories, sections, articles, modules etc.

 

If you need a copy I can mail one over.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
If you're not prepared to find and read the docs when you get stuck, I don't see how you expect to conquer Joomla.

 

I imagine you want to enable the module from the Modules section.

 

I totally agree with you which is what I said in my post. When I get two minutes - but sometime someone explaining is better.

 

Remember there are different types of learner - I am a visual learner. What type are you? Ilearn best when shown.

 

One of the main aspects of teaching now is recognising different types of learner.

 

But I do take your point,

 

GJE

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...