Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm going through checking all of our licenses at the moment and as a few of the Technology teachers have said, according to our license, PTC Pro/Desktop 8 can be rolled out to a max of 100 students while they are at the school.

Have any of you guys rolled out any software to your students? How are you keeping control/covering your back as no doubt there will be students who will distribute to people who shouldn't have it :mad:

 

Im thinking of writing a short terms and conditions statement on the CD case cover, maybe get them to sign that they agree and using a 10 CD library system.

Posted
I'm going through checking all of our licenses at the moment and as a few of the Technology teachers have said, according to our license, PTC Pro/Desktop 8 can be rolled out to a max of 100 students while they are at the school.

Have any of you guys rolled out any software to your students? How are you keeping control/covering your back as no doubt there will be students who will distribute to people who shouldn't have it

 

We lend them the CDs for Pro/Desktop, Autograph, and I think 2D Design.

 

Then we trust them to keep to the conditions..

 

Autgraph 3, only works for 1 year ( I think ) after install, so as long as they don't copy the CD..

 

 

There is very little you can do to stolp them illegally copying the CDs when they shouldn't be, but they won't get any of the updates, and eventually the software will no longer work, or be supplanted by something better/cheaper.

 

It's all done a little ad-hoc, the Tech dept lend their CDs and the Maths dept lend their CDs.

 

 

I was wanting to create a decent School specific CDrom like OpenDisc but if we are limited to 100 student users for Pro D, this isn't going to happen, I really should check this, hmm.. I suppose it's easier to just give them the Open CD.

Posted

When we distrubuted the software to students, we leant a copy of the software to them to install and bring it back the following day.

 

it was all down to trust, i dont think they lend it out any more but i suppose this is something we need to look into again! :)

 

I'll probably look into finding some form of copyright protection so the students cant copy our version of the disc.

 

James.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...