leon032 Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Hey guys I got a question on remote logins program. I am asked here at my job to setup some user to be able to login to the office from there homes. What program do you guys recommend. I have heard of logmein but I have heard it is extremely slow. Let me know what you think. Thanks Sorry about the troll. I just one wanted to use him once.
Sylv3r Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Hey guys I got a question on remote logins program. I am asked here at my job to setup some user to be able to login to the office from there homes. What program do you guys recommend. I have heard of logmein but I have heard it is extremely slow. Let me know what you think. Thanks Sorry about the troll. I just one wanted to use him once. I use Logmein on our servers and it works pretty well for me not slow at all. Why don't you consider remote desktop or terminal server?
SYNACK Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 Depends on your server OS. If you are looking to do it for multiple staff logmein may not be the best solution. Windows 2008\2003 offer terminal services which allow users to control a session on the server. You could also setup RRaS (routing and remote access) on one of your Windows servers to allow your users to connect to your internal network. From there they could control their work PCs with RDP (Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection) which is pretty quick and secure over VPN. Your other option is Microsoft Live Mesh which would require a client on each internal machine that you wanted to control and additional setup.
mac_shinobi Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 wasnt there a piece of software by ranger that allows remote control over vpn or something ? Sentinel Products Designed for Education | Home not sure what thats like ? what about dameware ( not to say this is the solution but was just curious as to what others thought of it ) Welcome to DameWare Development. Home of the DameWare NT Utilities & Mini Remote Control remote systems management software for Windows. Now Featuring Smart Card Login & Authentication
leon032 Posted March 9, 2009 Author Posted March 9, 2009 Thanks for your reply guys. I am not sure what is the exact need of the office but when they tell me ill take these advice into consideration.
jhawklyn Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 Hey guys I got a question on remote logins program. I am asked here at my job to setup some user to be able to login to the office from there homes. What program do you guys recommend. I have heard of logmein but I have heard it is extremely slow. Let me know what you think. One possibility might be UltraVNC? It can do remote computer connections, and is free. The speed issue with logmein is usually a pipeline issue, - users connecting without a fast connection... So LogMeIn might work (haven't used that one myself tho')
kmount Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 I'd avoid VNC unless it's over a tunnel as natively as it's unencrypted. Effectively, determining the scale of the need is the best course of action for now.
netadmin Posted March 23, 2009 Posted March 23, 2009 I would look at Adito--I am in the process of implementing it and it seems to work very well (free also). You can setup shortcuts to RDP for user desktops. They only have to login to the Adito website (runs on your server) and run a java applet--no config on home computers needed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now