techman Posted March 4, 2009 Posted March 4, 2009 Hello, Great site. I am looking for software for an interactive whiteboard. Will be connecting to just one laptop. Apart from Promethean Inspire, is there any other software you can get to work on an interactive whiteboard? I am looking for software for a board to be used in Music classes. Is there any subject specific software for these boards? Thanks.
dhicks Posted March 4, 2009 Posted March 4, 2009 I am looking for software for a board to be used in Music classes. Is there any subject specific software for these boards? There's nothing special about interactive whiteboard software, an interactive whiteboard is simply an input device for your computer, any software you use normally should work just fine. Lots of people don't seem to realise that PowerPoint has a handy annotation facility that lets you use the mouse (or, or course, your whiteboard's pen) to hand-write notes or highlight sections of text. I would avoid the IWB vendor's software, the main reason it's there is to lock you in to a particular format so you wind up having to buy the same brand of whiteboard if you want to share resources with other people in your school. For pre-made content, BoardWorks stuff is generally good - pre-made PowerPoint files with embedded Flash animations in that you can edit and change around to suite your needs. -- David Hicks 1
techman Posted March 4, 2009 Author Posted March 4, 2009 I forgot to add in my original post that it is a Smartboard. I have never set up or used a whiteboard before and I just looking for the software I need to connect it to a Win XP notebook. What programs do I need from Smart - SMART - Downloads
techman Posted March 4, 2009 Author Posted March 4, 2009 Thanks. Is that the only software program I need?
Dom_ Posted March 4, 2009 Posted March 4, 2009 Gallery takes ages to install if you choose them all, just a heads up
neilenormal Posted March 4, 2009 Posted March 4, 2009 echo the thoughts re Smartboard software: Chose to install the driver software and then a custom Notebook installation which will allow you to install as much of the Gallery contect as you want. There is Music stuff in there with clipart of instruments with sounds embedded (I tested a roll of the kettle drum!!) and clipart of notes, together with backgrounds of musical paper Staves etc On a new laptop I'd advise installing all gallery (called Essentials for educators) to the local drive Loads of online resources pre done via Educompass website at SMART - Education HTH Neilenormal
techman Posted March 5, 2009 Author Posted March 5, 2009 Thanks for all the replies. I installed the notebook software but cannot make a connection to the whiteboard from the laptop. It's wireless connection and the notebook software cannot detect the board. I have noticed that when I first connect the wireless adapter to the board the light on the board goes green initially and then stays red. I have never set up one of these boards before.
witch Posted March 5, 2009 Posted March 5, 2009 I would suggest that you have installed the notebook software but not the drivers.
Dom_ Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 In the smartboard tools control panel, run the connection wizard
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now