ICT_GUY Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 (edited) I feel a little sick, I just blew a months wages on a canon 50D. The pics it takes are amazing but it is a lot of money. I should explain that I just sold my 450D and that I noticed that the jessops were adding £200+ to the cost of the 50D, though the shops had not been informed. I got the 50D at the old price (£1050) plus an £80 canon bag for £10. I am happy but as broke as I have ever been in my life. http://www.wykeregisjun.co.uk/50d-spider.JPG Edited February 21, 2009 by ICT_GUY
ICT_GUY Posted February 21, 2009 Author Posted February 21, 2009 (edited) Only a *little* jealous here!!! I know, a friend bought one a while back, they sold their 450d on ebay and have been very much into telling me why the 50D is so much better than the 450. It got to me after a while. The spider pic was taken with my £80 50mm canon lens with a f1.8 aperture. Extreme depth of field effects & great colours. The spider is the new Chile Rose, I will get a pic of my King Baboon later. Not to forget this pic is resized down to 1200 pix wide, from 3500 which in turn was cropped from the full 15MP image! Edited February 21, 2009 by ICT_GUY
powdarrmonkey Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 I have that lens, and I love it Still attached to my 350D though.
DrPerceptron Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 What about the Canon shop on ebay? They sell refurbished camera's on there, complete with a warranty and generally go for around half the asking price in a shop! (includes all the stuff, just like buying new)
Hacksawbob Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 (oh oh, a camera thread!) hi congrats on the 50D its a great piece of kit. I have gone down the full frame route and picked up a second hand 5D before Christmas still smarting from that purchase. No sensor cleaning built in which is a shame so lots of spotting to be done in Light room which is a pain, but the dynamic range and low noise at high ISO on it is something to behold. matched up with some old manual focus lenses with an adapter its a joy to use. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3262/3214152228_338dc5621d_o.jpg When the Sony alpha 900 comes down to terrestrial prices I may be tempted, on paper at least it seems to tick all the boxes, and with the Minolta mount you can get some sweet glass for it.
kmount Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 geeks! -- I'd love a camera that took a real picture, but if I got a camera I'd need to find some creativity, design flair, etc.
localzuk Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 Well, this was taken on my HTC Touch Diamond, about 5 minutes ago.
ICT_GUY Posted February 21, 2009 Author Posted February 21, 2009 I went into Jessops today, the kit lens that came with the package is now retailing at £460!
webman Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 On the Jessops website - in december, the Canon 450D was on special offer with 2 lenses - the kit, and a 70-300. Just before christmas the price went up by nearly £100!
ICT_GUY Posted February 22, 2009 Author Posted February 22, 2009 On the Jessops website - in december, the Canon 450D was on special offer with 2 lenses - the kit, and a 70-300. Just before christmas the price went up by nearly £100! Across the board now the Cameras and lens deals have gone up by stupid amounts. The 1000D (which lets face it, is not that good) is now £400, before Christmas you could pick one up for less than £300 plus £40 cash back from canon. I can see a lot of camera shops going bust, simply because people will not pay those types of price increases.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now