Domino Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 Just a little bit of fun, those of you who've been to BETT before might be interested what it looks like half an hour after doors close on the saturday....
Dos_Box Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 I'm just happy we managed to take down the stand and get out within the hour! The previous year we were still sat there at 7pm waiting for the couriers!
Little-Miss Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 I've got friends that setup and dismantle the seating and stages for concerts....
Jacques Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 I am amazed! You started with the Edugeek stand in tacked - walk around, and arrived back to an empty Edugeek stand! Wow!
FN-GM Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 i like the wya dos_box walks around while everyone is packing away
john Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 (edited) Hope they don't show me dropping a banner too quickly, it was an accident honest!!!! I know those things are spring loaded as well as I've made them up before but it just went pop out of my hand Oh it just shows me having a go at Tonys not-so accurate watch lol Edited January 21, 2009 by john
Domino Posted January 21, 2009 Author Posted January 21, 2009 I also cut out Tony thieving the stand signage.....
Little-Miss Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 The part with DB walking is crying out for George Bakers- Little Green Bag playing over the top. lol!! Love it!
GrumbleDook Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 Tradeshows are interesting things. The first year we spent the Monday freezing cold waiting for hardware to turn up and watching the chippies building stands. It didn't exactly take long to set up the limited furniture we had. It didn't take long to pack up either since we did not have a lot there. The second year we had a lot more kit and it did take ages to make sure it was all packed up and with couriers. Chasing round other stands to hand things back took time too. This year was organised, suppliers on hand to help dismantle kit and a willing and able bunch of people who were happy to carry boxes to cars / cabs / vans. Still, when you have spent a day watching certain stands being built it does make you a bit worried about going on to them. They wobble just a bit too much for me to be happy.
Sylv3r Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 I don't think I would want to mess with the woman on the loud speaker, she sounds angry!
john Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 (edited) I don't think I would want to mess with the woman on the loud speaker, she sounds angry! She's lovely in real life, my friends know her and said that next time I am down they will give me her number so I can get her to come out and meet me then we can meet the voice of the tannoy But you don't mess with the overlord, think of her as Big Brother in a way, when she says will the owners of a white ford transit van registration BX57WSD please move your vehicle immediately as its blocking the service lane you do not argue with her and leave it (otherwise it ends up clammed, towed and crushed ) Edited January 21, 2009 by john
kylewilliamson Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 I'm sure she is. Until she opens her mouth.
Edu-IT Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 Was that a big roll of bubble wrap I saw? So much fun to be had!
john Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 My poor Banners. Shame on you John I do feel very guilty still, as they are really really nice banners, well designed and made, but it just went pop and kinda shot the holding up pole out of the stand and before I could grab the top to stop it, it was bang and rolled and in the unit I am very cross with myself still over it I will leave someone else to do it next time then I cannot feel bad.
tom_newton Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Don't worry john, they're usually a piece of cake to fix once you get them back to the safety of your lair. Trust me, we got loads of em
Edu-IT Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Don't worry john, they're usually a piece of cake to fix once you get them back to the safety of your lair. Trust me, we got loads of em Are you basically saying you've broken enough of them to know exactly how easy they are to fix?
Dos_Box Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Don't worry john, they're usually a piece of cake to fix once you get them back to the safety of your lair. Trust me, we got loads of em So that would be me fixing them then.
john Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 So that would be me fixing them then. I'll happily fix it, my mate also makes them as he does graphic design stuff and printing etc etc so I should be able to fix it if its broke
Joedetic Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Yes but the pratt award goes to me for trying to unscrew the support poles on the pull up signs....never mind they just pull apart
tom_newton Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Are you basically saying you've broken enough of them to know exactly how easy they are to fix? I have fixed em... usually some sales guy who has broken them
john Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 I have fixed em... usually some sales guy who has broken them Insert blame here to Gavin
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now