silver Posted January 5, 2009 Posted January 5, 2009 And another stupid question: The staff here are unable to see the pupil data (saved by name under year groups on the server). I have shared the data and allowed the staff full control of it but they still can't see it or navigate to it. What do I do?
Bezwick Posted January 5, 2009 Posted January 5, 2009 You say you have set the share to full control, have you also reset the folder permissions too?
Mcshammer_dj Posted January 5, 2009 Posted January 5, 2009 if it is server 2003 you need to apply security permisssions and share permissions to allow the staff to see the folder. You also need to then apply the changes on security and refresh
Michael Posted January 5, 2009 Posted January 5, 2009 It sounds to me you've added Full Control to the root directory (which is fine), but do you mean staff cannot see the sub folders at all, or are denied access to view the contents?
silver Posted January 5, 2009 Author Posted January 5, 2009 I have added full control to the root directory but staff cannot see anything at all, neither can they navigate to it. Maybe I need to map a drive or something? Don't tell me, that'll be in a log on script - help!
jamesb Posted January 5, 2009 Posted January 5, 2009 What exactly is it you're trying to let staff see? Is it all student saved data, specific stuff, home directories, or something else? Do you have any management software sitting on your network?
silver Posted January 5, 2009 Author Posted January 5, 2009 The students save their work under their name in a folder called '3S' or whatever, having logged on under the class name (not individually). The teachers want to be able to look at the classes work when they are logged on as staff - at the moment they have to log on as the child in order to see the work (but once on, they can see all the children's work in the folder)
jamesb Posted January 5, 2009 Posted January 5, 2009 Check the permissions the children have on the individual folders, and compare them to the permissions the teachers have.
Jiser Posted January 5, 2009 Posted January 5, 2009 As others have said, check staff / pupil permissions. Then add your 'class folder' respectively to login script (s) if you have them to the respective teachers or years.
silver Posted January 8, 2009 Author Posted January 8, 2009 Oh help - I knew it would come back to login scripts - and I still don't quite get what I have to do in this case. What would I actually add, and if I had to add something about every year group, wouldnt that slow things down terribly?
Michael Posted January 8, 2009 Posted January 8, 2009 Here's an example of a script I use: @ECHO OFF net time \\SERVERNAME /set /yes net use I: /delete /y net use J: /delete /y net use K: /delete /y net use I: \\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME1 net use J: \\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME2 net use K: \\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME3 net use H: /HOME Within explorer, if you type: \\SERVERNAME\NETLOGON this is where your logon scripts will be located.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now