OutToLunch Posted November 26, 2008 Posted November 26, 2008 Another recommendation thread - sorry! Although I'm qualified to do PAT, it's not an area I want added to my already overstretched "To Do" list. Can anyone recommend any companies in the Midlands (Derby + surrounding again) who they've had good experiences with with both IT equipment including servers and domestic/misc items (Kettles, TVs, microwaves etc). Rough idea of the cost per item would be great if you have it. Many thanks.
laserblazer Posted November 26, 2008 Posted November 26, 2008 I have a friend who does it. He was a scientist in the plastics industry but there's not a lot of call for them in the UK now! He lives in Bromsgrove. Would you like his number? I can vouch for him being a meticulous worker. Edit: Just saw the Derby bit but I expect he is prepared to travel that far.
powdarrmonkey Posted November 26, 2008 Posted November 26, 2008 We use Elecheck (although they are in Cambridge we are in the Midlands) at £0.99 an item, and they are very thorough and consistent. 1
featured_spectre Posted November 27, 2008 Posted November 27, 2008 (edited) I got pat test trained by my school and now I charge them at 85p per item and do it over the weekend. 4000 items x 85p = £3400 *EDIT* However we used Elecheck before I got trained up. Edited November 27, 2008 by featured_spectre
jennyhicks Posted April 28, 2009 Posted April 28, 2009 I'd try asking a calibration services company. there is one not that far from you, Meter Calibration Services - Lambda Calibration Services UK – UKAS Lab . They will know which would be the best guys to ask for your specific needs.
powdarrmonkey Posted April 28, 2009 Posted April 28, 2009 Here marks the spot where this thread was buried, way back in November. Edit: actually, joined today and first post a recommendation? Hmm.
pat-power Posted May 7, 2009 Posted May 7, 2009 hi guys , NAPIT registered PAT TESTER in Stoke On Trent Staffordshire , free quotes with a trusted reliable company backed by the staffordshire chamber of commerce , check out my site for further details , cheers , shaun
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now