Face-Man Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 One of our Mac Book Pro batteries just expanded....
matt40k Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 One of our Mac Book Pro batteries just expanded.... OMFG ?!? Would never have guessed that was a battery!! How did that happen?
mattx Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Chuck it in the bin - [ best place for any Apple product ]
localzuk Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Chuck it in the bin - [ best place for any Apple product ] I paid too much to do that!
tech_guy Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 OMG I've never seen a laptop battery do that before. We did have it happen though with the battery in one of our APC UPS - it looked like a football when we eventually got it out.
matt40k Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Chuck it in the bin - [ best place for any Apple product ] Lol... we'll remind you of this when schools are forced to deploy Mac!!
mattx Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Lol... we'll remind you of this when schools are forced to deploy Mac!! The school already knows my attitude towards Macs on a Windows network..... Although I did tell a teacher to get one a few weeks back instead of doing video editing on a PC........ What happened ? They ended up doing it on a PC !!! :doh:
matt40k Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 The school already knows my attitude towards Macs on a Windows network..... Although I did tell a teacher to get one a few weeks back instead of doing video editing on a PC........ What happened ? They ended up doing it on a PC !!! :doh: Lol... Not used Macs much. I've seen people using them for audio, which is really good, I've done a bit of video editing on a (pre-Intel) G5 (and a P4 PC using pinnacle) which was alright. Still yet to seem them on a domain. Really want to try that at some point. Next step would be to get SIMS working on it native. No virtual software.
sparkeh Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Love Macs, though when I supported a Mac network there were lots of battery problems.
john Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Chuck it in the bin - [ best place for any Apple product ] Agreed Never had PC Battery's do that ever, must be another typical mac problem, unique to them stupid things. PC Battery's leak nicely or ooze far more fun they make sticky messes and if teachers don't use them right, it goes on there laps or in the bags, or proves a point they don't use the laptop when its eaten its way through the laptop, and its bag and dried and gone crusty
tech_guy Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 or proves a point they don't use the laptop when its eaten its way through the laptop, and its bag and dried and gone crusty Do we work in the same school?!
tech_guy Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Yikes. I've just purchased a MacBook. Looking at all this has got me worried.
mattx Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Yikes. I've just purchased a MacBook. Looking at all this has got me worried. Did you get a free fire extinguisher with it ?
tech_guy Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Lol, no but I'm seriously thinking of taking it back and asking for a refund.
mattx Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Lol, no but I'm seriously thinking of taking it back and asking for a refund. When you do, take along a fire extinguisher with you. Just in case.
Face-Man Posted October 30, 2008 Author Posted October 30, 2008 OMFG ?!? Would never have guessed that was a battery!! How did that happen? It was just plugged in charging over night.... Anyway it is covered under the warrenty but I must admit that I'm sure it fits the discription on Apple - Support - MacBook and MacBook Pro Battery Update Battery pack is visibly deformed. Still unlike Dell who will swap it out when you have such issue this has to go back first and then a new one is issued... I wonder if they can repair it
john Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 Do we work in the same school?! Pritty sure we don't but must be a teacher thing hehe
HodgeHi Posted November 3, 2008 Posted November 3, 2008 I had a couple of batteries that needed replacing the other week. Both were Macbook ones and were not any where near as bad as the OPs battery issue. They were dead. Now i took these to the Apple store after calling the Applecare support team. I went through the problems over the phone and although there was a battery recall going on, my batteries were not in the Model number ranges. They still replaced them though which was nice. Not used Macs much. I've seen people using them for audio, which is really good, I've done a bit of video editing on a (pre-Intel) G5 (and a P4 PC using pinnacle) which was alright. After my experience with Pinnacle (v 9.4.3 onwards) i would never use it again. The amount of problems that i had with that software was ridiculous. Dropped frames mis-synched audio constantly. Frequent crashes during the encoding to DVD stage. Updates were useless. They managed to get the mis-synched audio down to a few seconds every minute of footage or so after an update, but it broke something else. Then they decided that enough was enough with 9.4.7 and thought if they want a fully functioning piece of software then they would have to go out and purchase v10 instead and left 9.4.7 in its sorry state. That was the last i ever used it. £240 i paid for that crap.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now