Craggus2000 Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 Hi, If anyone else out there uses Autograph? I know that running Autograph 3.2 from a network location not strictly supported, however, for us with over 200 PCs, this is the most convenient(!), Deploying via AD is not an option. I am investigating if this is possible. (we do have a network site licence). I have got the program running without issue over the network from a network share (without installing on any workstation). The only problem is, Autograph does not pick up the licence. I know it is stored in the registry of a machine that has it installed, but when i merge this registry key on a machine that does not have it installed autograph still does not pick it up. Is there anything i can do to get autograph to detect the license key? Help is appreciated! Thanks
Sylv3r Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 Not really much help about the network install, but we have packaged it up here and it works fine.
Craggus2000 Posted October 23, 2008 Author Posted October 23, 2008 Not really much help about the network install, but we have packaged it up here and it works fine. How did you package it up? With their own utility?
powdarrmonkey Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 I used their utility to create an MSI transform containing the license, and deploy that in the normal manner.
TheFopp Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 Why is deploying via AD/GPO not an option? It works a treat for Autograph here.
Craggus2000 Posted November 5, 2008 Author Posted November 5, 2008 We use hardware protection that prevents any changes to the PC, unless you boot up as a 'supervisor'. If i was to do that it would end up being quicker to go round each PC and installing manually. This is why i would prefer to run from the network. I've managed to do it now, but still getting stuck with pulling the license thru.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now