jimmckenna Posted October 9, 2008 Posted October 9, 2008 Having searched previous threads about possible re-design of classrooms, I am interested in recent schools who may have implemented this. I have had a quick look at ISIS, ITBenching & Innomensa as possible suppliers/contractors. What I am really interested in is an idea of costs for an approx 22 pc suite. Anybody out there who can offer me a best guestimate of cost would be appreciated along with any other suppliers (You can include PC/Electric/data costs etc). I have quite a substantial budget but you never know if it is enough so that is why I interested in costs and suppliers. Thanks in advance.
Busybub Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 Was looking at benching over Summer hols just gone, for 26 student workstations, a teacher desk and printer desk. We're based in South East. Didn't get a response from ISIS. Got an email from ITBenching saying that they were completely booked out over Summer and was promised a quote which never showed up, even after chasing. Got a visit from Computer Talk(Dagenham). The guy who came over spent a lot of time looking at our specifications and seemingly went out of his way to come up with reasons for not doing much of it. Said he'd have a look at it and send a quote over, again nothing. Got a quote from ABC Desking for 18k a variety of diagrams including some modifications to the ones we supplied. Taking into account the fact that just before Summer hols is a lousy time to be asking, we really didn't have any choice and the response was disappointing to say the least. Though ABC was completely out of our price range, I would at least consider them again in the future, they also have some interesting monitor stands with cable management and built-in keyboard holders. Ended up rehacking our old benches. Next time it may be a trip down to B&Q! Otherwise, our electrics and network cabling cost around 10-11k for 32 double electric points and 32 Cat5 points. Went with downward-facing, tamperproof CAT5 points and have completely eliminated any ongoing maintenance as a result of kids bashing the faceplates with their knees. At another site, we get a similar problem with monitors pushed up against regular faceplates, so I would definitely recommend this type of panel. 1
ninjabeaver Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 The last few rooms here where designed in-house, before I got here. We got a local contractor in to do the work, and it is all well built and to our spec. He is actually the school contracted chippy. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now